Em and Dex. Dex and Em

- Who was on the phone?
- Jean-Pierre
- And how was Jean-Pierre?
- He's fine. Just fine.
- Good. So... I should get changed. What time is he coming round again?
- He isn't coming round
Dexter turned.
- What?
- I told him not to come round
- Really? You did?
He wanted to laugh but he mustn't, not yet.
- I told him I had tonsillitis.
- What is that? Tonsillitis, in French?
Her fingers went to her throat.
- "Je suis très désolé, mais mes glandes sont gonflées. Je pense que je peux avoir l'amygdalite"
- L'amy what?
- L'amygdalite
- You have amazing vocab
- Well, you know - She shrugged modestly - Had to look it up

They smiled at each other. Then, as if an idea had suddenly occurred to her, she quickly crossed the room in three long strides, took his face between her hands, and kissed him. He placed his hands upon her back, finding the dress still un-fastened, the skin bare and cool and still damp from the shower. They kissed like this for some time. Then, still holding his face in her hands, she looked at him intently:

- If you muck me about, Dexter...
- I won't
- I mean, if you lead me on or let me down or go behind my back, I will murder you. I swear to God, I will eat your heart.
- I won't do that Em.
- You won't?
- I swear I won't

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario